What advantages do photographers have representing themselves?
There are quite a few advantages for photographers interested in selling their own work.
- No Commissions to Pay: Photographers get to keep one-hundred percent of their earnings, less any business costs.
- Higher chance of selling images with each inquiry: A photographer who manages to attract inquiries into the availability of their photos has a higher chance of selling with each call, since they have no internal competition.
- Potential for more assignment work: Photographers can usually offer to shoot the image on assignment if they don't happen to have the requested photo on file.
- More Contact with Clients: This also allows photographers to have more personal contact with their clients.
- Responsibility: Those photographers who choose to represent themselves can take full responsibility for their own income